Review: Wet Naturals Beautifully Bare

Being in a committed relationship with a FTM Trans man has changed the way I shop. For instance: lubes. All of our attachments are realistically shaped and colored silicone. So of course, where lube is concerned, we require something silicone friendly. This means water based lubricants. I also happen to be a fairly health conscious person. I like to be aware of just what I'm putting on or in my body. Which means I'm not just looking for a product that works for both of our parts, but is also body safe. So when Wet offered me the chance to review some of their lubricants, what did I automatically request? Wet Naturals of course! The Beautifully Bare, to be exact. A water based lubricant that is glycerin free, paraben free, sugar free (no fear of yeast infections, ladies!), pH balanced specifically for women, and enriched with vitamins and antioxidants? Yes! This was exactly what I was looking for!

Alright, let's start with my first, last, and only nitpick about this product. The ingredient list. For a natural product, it has more ingredients than I generally like to see. I prefer to keep it 10 ingredients or less. Anything more just seems like excess to me, especially if it happens to be compounds I can't pronounce or easily recognize. I'll make an exception in the case of this lubricant, mainly because it's intended to have added vitamins and antioxidants. I'm just going to close my eyes, ignore the looming label, and trust that these are indeed good-for-you ingredients. And hey! If you look, most of them actually seem okay. With names like Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin E Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Cranberry Fruit Extract, and Clover Flower Extract, you can't go too wrong. Right?

Well, ingredients aside, let's get to the good stuff: smell, taste, touch, & use. Alright, smell. There's no immediately obvious smell to this product. If you stick the bottle right up under your nose it has a very light, watered down fruity scent. I'd assume this is because of the fruit and fruit seed extracts. Very nice, but not overpowering, and unlikely to bother even those sensitive to scented product. The taste is very similar to the smell. A very light fruity taste with a hint of something.. else. Not horrible, but probably not something I'd use on a regular basis for oral. The consistency is very liquidy, I'd say just the tiniest bit thicker than water. It feels very light and natural (as the product name, Beautifully Bare, suggests). Perfect for aiding in masturbation, or even vaginal penetration. I would NOT suggest it, however, for anal. I'd suspect it's much too thin for such use, and would probably dry up too quickly to be comfortable. I most often use this lubricant for intercourse, and it's absolutely excellent for this! With most lubricants, your first thought is probably to apply liberally. However, you don't need to use that much of this product to get sufficiently slick. On average, I probably use 2-4 drops, and I'm good to go. It spreads quickly and easily over toys and skin alike. It does have a tendency to dry up fairly quickly though, so you may have to reapply periodically throughout your session. Personally, I require lubricant mostly just for penetration. So the only time we end up needing to re-lubricate is when we switch positions. 

When playtime's over, you can easily clean up by wiping down or rinsing the lubricated body parts with water. And if you're too tired or sedated to go clean up, forget about it! You can feel safe in the knowledge that this lubricant doesn't cake onto your body or get gunky and sticky after use. I was very pleased to find that it dissolves easily and unnoticed into skin, leaving no icky residues behind. Way to go Wet! One more thing that makes this lubricant fabulous!

Wet Naturals Beautifully Bare comes packaged in a transparent 3.3 oz bottle. It has a little ridged indent on one side that makes it very easy to grip (no mater how slippery your hands may be), and an easy to use flip top. The bottle does warn not to store it on it's side as it may leak, but I haven't noticed any issues. The flip top has kept my lube securely sealed, and my toy chest free from messes. Make sure to store your lubricant at room temperature, and please keep out of the reach of children. Keep out of your eyes and ears (duh), and should any irritation occur, discontinue use of this product immediately!

Alright, let's wrap this up. Wet Naturals is a great product at a great price! It has all the things I like in a lube, and none of the things I don't. It's easy to use, easy to clean up, and has enhanced many a sexual encounter. I've used this lubricant frequently for half a month or more, and I've barely put a dent in the bottle. A long lasting, less-is-more kind of product. I'll definitely be purchasing more when my supply finally runs out.

This product was provided to Tales from the ToiBox for free by Wet in exchange for an unbiased review.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sex 

Toys